Friday 1 November 2013

WILL THE REAL NAZIS PLEASE STAND UP

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

This is what Winston Churchill said regarding the Soviet Union being suddenly thrown on the side of Britain by Hitler's invasion of Russia. It is quite apt and worth bearing in mind when reading or hearing the usual Orangeman's diatribe about the Irish during the Second World War.

The Vanguard Bears website yesterday carried the usual disinformation about Ireland during WWII. The piece was written by somebody calling himself General Schomberg, who decides to regurgitate the same old lies that have been peddled for years. These include the lie that Ireland allowed German U-Boats to refuel in Irish ports and the ridiculous story that the Irish kept their lights on at night to guide German bombers to Liverpool etc. They must have been really strong lights!

The reality is that, although Ireland was ostensibly neutral, the Irish government actually worked closely with Britain against the Nazis. This included the forwarding of intelligence information, the allowing of Britain to enter Irish airspace and waters and the drawing up of plans in the event of a German invasion of Ireland. Plan W, as it was called, detailed the sending of troops from Britain to fight, along with the Irish, against the invaders.

In point of fact, many Irishmen volunteered to fight in the British army against the Nazis and Irish coastal areas suffered destruction from German bombing raids that had overshot their targets. (So much for them being guided in by Irish lights!)

Contrast this with the behaviour of another neutral country, Switzerland. Although the Swiss stayed out of the war they provided banking services for the Nazis, with no questions asked. Bank vaults were filled with stolen treasures, money stolen from Jewish businesses and even gold gleaned from the fillings of Jewish extermination camp victims. But, then, Switzerland is a Protestant country so the Orangemen will gloss over any infractions of that particular nation.

Meanwhile in South Africa, a British Colony, which joined the war on the side of the Allies, members of the Dutch Reformed Church, a Calvinist Presbyterian church like the Church of Scotland, formed the Ossebrandwag to oppose South African participation in the war and to support Nazi Germany. Members of this organisation openly attacked soldiers in the street and even caused a riot in which many soldiers were seriously injured. The Ossebrandwag also had a paramilitary wing, called the Stormjaers, who carried out a campaign of terrorism in South Africa, including bombings, to disrupt the war effort. There was even an attempt to assassinate Jan Smuts, the Prime Minister.

So while the neutral Irish Catholics were helping the British war effort, Presbyterian British citizens in South Africa were waging a campaign of terror on behalf of the Nazis!

The bile on the Vanguard Bears page continues with the story of Sean Russell, an IRA man that died aboard a German U-Boat. What the piece fails to mention, however, is that the IRA was actually outlawed in Ireland during this period and Russell was regarded as a renegade even in IRA circles. Before he visited Germany Russell went to the USA to drum up support for his terrorist campaign, which did not have the full support of the IRA. At any rate, his Nazi credentials are pretty much non-documented and his eagerness to work with the Nazis can be attributed to the same sentiments as those expressed by Churchill, which I quoted above.

General Schomberg, on Vanguard Bears, tells us gleefully that there is a statue of Russell in Dublin. What he fails to mention is that the statue has been repeatedly vandalised by Irish anti-fascists. This fact would not fit in with the myth of the whole of Ireland being in league with the Nazis.

He also details how a visit by the Israeli football team to Ireland resulted in the team being spat upon while Nazi salutes and chants were aimed at them. Such actions are to be deplored and the Irish government spoke out against these idiots, as well as some members of the Garda, who seemingly turned a blind eye. I did not hear such condmnation from any quarters, however, when Rangers supporters behaved in the same way towards the Israeli team and its fans. The old excuse of the 'Red Hand Salute' was trotted out, even though such an explanation was ridiculous in the extreme, especially in the circumstances.

He, rather disingenuously, mentions the Limerick Pogrom (or Boycott) of 1904. The way he presents it, this was an isolated incident in a world of tolerance and enlightenment. On the contrary, however, it has to be seen in the whole context of European anti-semitism. Hitler's ideas were not original; he learned them on the streets of Vienna and the undercurrent of anti-semitism was always there throughout Europe, ready to bubble to the surface at any time. Prime examples are the attacks on Jews in Whitechapel during the Jack the Ripper murders and the formation of the British Brothers League in London at the beginning of the Twentieth Century. Of course, such attacks on Jews in England were never called 'pogroms' but an attack by Irish Catholics on Jews had to be made as dramatic as possible to feed the anti-Irish zeitgeist.

The piece then goes on to outline anti-semitic attitudes in Ireland after the war. Again, this is being extremely selective and Jews throughout the Western World would recognise these attitudes still prevailing well into the post-war period. A worthwhile film to see regarding this is 'Gentleman's Agreement' made in 1947 and starring Gregory Peck. A perusal of the speeches made by Senator Joe McCarthy and much of the work of the House Committee on Un-American Activities also shows an underlying strain of anti-semitism.

There is no denying that Ireland no doubt had its share of Nazi sympathisers during the War, but so did every other country, including Scotland. Equally, Ireland is not the only country where neo-Nazism and modern-day anti-semitism is to be encountered. To state, or even imply, that this is the case is merely to serve the same ends as the Nazis that the writer purports to hate.

9 comments:

  1. Also was it not true that the British royal family backed the Nazis at the start of the war b4 UK where involved and was it not true that one of the royal palaces where decked out in the swastika flags for the visit of Nazi generals to the UK by invitation by the British royal family I bet the bisto kids never brought that up pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Name is Faith, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
      has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
      with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
      to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
      faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
      man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
      cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
      today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
      got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
      voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Too right, Shaun. To be honest every country and institution has something to be ashamed of from those days so trying to score points is useless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pat have you heard jabba has walked away fay bisto fc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am Angelina from USA,If you're lucky enough to read this, be rest assured that your life is in for a major upgrade and turn around that will leave your peers, colleagues, and family members astounded and amazed by your incredible success story. Ladies and gents I present to you the genuine ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD. If you're fed up with the current situation in your life and are prepared to take a major leap of faith with us I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Kindly contact: whatsapp agent on mobile +2349036492096 or text me direct via viber (+1 918-505-9468)for more info on how to join discreetly and easily with no hassles. Remember the greatest risk in life is to never take a risk.
    Join today and meet up with your financial expectations
    Emily Special - [illuminatiworldhead@gmail.com]

    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MEMBERSHIP FEE AND YOU MUST BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
    THANKS…….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Join the great og fatality cult today called:
    +2348156768667 or whatsappo us on +2348108342326, Illuminati head office post, I am agent
    Smith,A fully Agent of this fatality,i have been giving the
    privilege to initiate and to register you has a full
    brotherhood,you that are reading this post you are been
    chose by the grand master. HEAD OFFICE CONTACT:
    +4478156768667 Joining this brotherhood bring you into
    eternal control of wealth.famous,powerful and protection.
    JOINING CALL +2348156768667. Joining this
    fatality cult,don’t required money for illuminati registration
    form or illuminati membership,be aware on that,why I
    am telling you this is because there are mean fraudster and
    scammer online today that is using the comment of us to
    archives,that is why this united kingdom contact are put
    here has a prove has a member +4478156768667,if you don’t
    see this number that start with +44 on this comment that
    mean fraudster has copy from us the real illuminati,don’t
    contact him,be aware. NOTE THIS:before obtain or purchase
    any items you are advise to contact the head office which is
    nigeria,don’t called any number has head office
    that will be lie,call +2348156768667,don’t pay any money for
    registration form or membership card,if you do that mean
    you are fraud by scammer,you are wear not too do so,
    INFORMATION:for you to join reach us on this information
    here,they are our contact,and this contact contain united
    kingdom of the head office,the agent smith email and agent
    smith nigeria contact,if you are willing to join call mr Adams
    on is nigeria contact: +2348156768667 to conform if is real
    call the head office contact that start with +2348156768667 be aware for
    those that use smith contact,before any process conform if
    you are speaking with white smith. CONTACT DETAILS:E
    mail: lucifertemple666@gmail.com Head
    office In nigeria contact: +2348156768667 Agent smith contact:
    +2348156768667 Don’t folly into wrong agent,conform first
    before proceed at +2348156768667. or whatsapp us on +2348108342326

    ReplyDelete
  6. My life is beautiful because of you Mein Helfer.Lord jesus into my life as a candlelight in the dark. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know even when i cried all day thinking how to get well you weren’t sleeping you were dear for me.I contacted Dr.Bello herbal center lived in west Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg she’s from Africa too,She told me about Africa herbs but was nervous about it.I’m really scared when it come to African because i heard allot of fiend things about them due to my Christianity I pray to god for direction,I take the bold step and contact him on email then move to whatsapp he ask if I can come over for the treatment or want a delivery,I said i want to meet him I buy 2 ways ticket down to Africa to meet Dr.Bello,I went there and i was speechless Of people I saw there.Patent,Sick people.Dr.Bello is a god sent to the world,I told my Pastor about what am into,Pastor Bill Scheer We have a wonderfully Real Battle With Spirit And Flesh.worship that same night,He pray for me and ask me to lead,I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa in Dr.Bello Herbal Home,After the treatment He ask me to meet his nurse for HIV test when i did it was negative,I quietly ask my friend to take me to other nearby hospital when i got there it’s was negative.I was overwhelm with the result,But happy inside me.We went to Dr.Bello,I thank him but I explain to him I don’t have enough to show my appreciation he understand my situation but promise him to testify the good work of his.I thank god for my dear friend,Emma I know she might be reading this right now,I want to say thank you.And a big thanks to Dr.Bello Herbal Center.He Gave me his calendar which I place on my wall in my house.Dr.Bello Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetics,You can contact him on email adeyemibello1990@gmail. com ,phone number.. +2348107996445 ..He’s nice Doc,Talk to him nicely.I’m sure he will listen to you as well..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings to everyone reading this testimony,am here to
    testify of a great man who was able to cure me permanently from herpes
    Disease just with his herbal medicine,i have been herpes Positive for 5
    years before i came across Dr voodoo Email on the internet on how he has
    been using his herbal medicine to treat and cure patients from different
    virus, so i contacted him and i explain to him concerning my problem, i
    followed up with the instructions he gave me and he urge me to have faith
    in his words that he was going to restore my health back, after some couple
    of days Dr voodoo sent me some medicine which he gave me prescription on
    how to take for 2 weeks, to make the long story short, I have been
    confirmed Negative from my recent test in the hospital, just within 2 weeks
    Dr voodoo was able to make me healthy and see reasons to live again, though
    science says there is no cure, i believe God has sent this great man to
    save people, you can all contact him for his medicine, he has presently
    been treating diseases like,CANCER,BLOOD DISEASE,DIABETES,HIV,TYPHOID, and
    many others, you can contact this man on voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com.or
    add him on whatsApp +2348140120719, God Bless you sir!

    ReplyDelete